In 1874 the right of way to the Central Railroad of New Jersey was moved from present day Midway Avenue to its current location. This Victorian Gothic structure was built and used as a railroad station until 1965.
The Station is an excellent example of frame Victorian Gothic architecture. It is the oldest remaining railroad station in Union County. The museum houses artifacts documenting the Borough’s historic ties to the Central Railroad of New Jersey, and its land development company that constructed some of the Victorian and Queen Anne homes in the Fanwood Park Historic District.
Listed on the National and State Registers of Historic Places
Operated by the Fanwood Historic Preservation Commission, Fanwood Park Historical District
• The borough’s first ballot box, area maps, and archival photographs
• Memorabilia and records from the Fanwood Volunteer Fire Company
• Historic pot-bellied stove
• Archival documents available for research including complete census data on Fanwood from 1880, 1900, 1910, 1920 and 1930; plus books and magazines on historic preservation
For Hours: http://fanwoodmuseum.com/ or call (908) 322-8236
Photo By Adam Moss – originally posted to Flickr as PICT1115, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=9014140