Union News Daily Union County’s Local Source
- CAU tackles inclusion at community and state levelsby EmilyAnn Jackman on Sat, Mar 28th, 2020 at 3:10 pm
ELIZABETH, NJ — March is Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month, and members of the New American Movement for People with Disabilities, NAM, are adamant proponents of inclusion. In NAM’s crusade to help people with disabilities live without limitations, the group is involved in pending legislation in Trenton, voter registration, the 2020 census and general rights advocacy. The post CAU tackles inclusion at community and state levels appeared first on Union News Daily.
- COVID-19 cases rise in countyby EmilyAnn Jackman on Thu, Mar 26th, 2020 at 3:04 pm
UNION COUNTY, NJ — It’s been a rough week across the nation, as thousands of people in various states have no choice but to file for unemployment. Thousands are worried about financial stability as panic runs rampant and anxiety is at an all-time high. As of March 24, according to statistics from the state of The post COVID-19 cases rise in county appeared first on Union News Daily.
- Murphy sets stringent guidelines to deal with pandemicby editor on Wed, Mar 25th, 2020 at 11:07 pm
By Amanda Valentovic Staff Writer UNION COUNTY, NJ — As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to disrupt daily life across the world, Union County and New Jersey state officials are providing updates every day to residents about cases in the county and state and how they are being handled. According to state of New Jersey statistics The post Murphy sets stringent guidelines to deal with pandemic appeared first on Union News Daily.
- Clark students provide rainbows of hope during crisisby editor on Wed, Mar 25th, 2020 at 3:15 pm
CLARK, NJ — Students in the Clark Public School District show that a small act can shed positivity in a time of uncertainty. Students are creating rainbow posters and displaying them in their windows with the phrase “andra tutto bene,” an Italian phrase meaning “everything will be OK.” Arthur L. Johnson High School Italian teacher The post Clark students provide rainbows of hope during crisis appeared first on Union News Daily.
- Boys & Girls Clubs member and UHS senior Masara Simpson wins 2020 Youth of the Yearby EmilyAnn Jackman on Wed, Mar 25th, 2020 at 12:05 pm
UNION COUNTY, NJ — The Boys & Girls Clubs of Union County recently announced Union High School senior Masara Simpson as the winner of 2020 Youth of the Year. She was honored alongside the winners in the Buddie, Spirit and Junior of the Year categories at the Youth of the Year awards dinner at Galloping The post Boys & Girls Clubs member and UHS senior Masara Simpson wins 2020 Youth of the Year appeared first on Union News Daily.
- Union County LocalSource Photos – March 26th Editionby editor on Tue, Mar 24th, 2020 at 5:18 pm
The post Union County LocalSource Photos – March 26th Edition appeared first on Union News Daily.
- Summit Police Chief Robert Weck announces his retirement after 31 years in law enforcementby EmilyAnn Jackman on Mon, Mar 23rd, 2020 at 11:57 am
SUMMIT, NJ — “I have this one saying on my office desk,” Summit Police Chief Robert Weck told LocalSource in a March 13 phone interview. “Teamwork makes the dream work.” Weck has lived by this mantra for the 31 years that he has worked in law enforcement. On Feb. 26, the highly respected chief of The post Summit Police Chief Robert Weck announces his retirement after 31 years in law enforcement appeared first on Union News Daily.
- Linden High School NJROTC stands tall during annual military inspection on Feb. 19by editor on Sat, Mar 21st, 2020 at 4:02 pm
LINDEN, NJ — The Linden High School Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps withstood the rigors of a full military inspection on Feb. 19, when a team led by Commander Penny Glover, executive officer of Navy Recruiting District New York, visited to give the regiment a meticulous once-over. The military inspection allowed the students to The post Linden High School NJROTC stands tall during annual military inspection on Feb. 19 appeared first on Union News Daily.
- Kean University partners with College Steps on new program for students with disabilitiesby editor on Sat, Mar 21st, 2020 at 1:52 pm
UNION, NJ — Kean University is launching a new program in fall 2020 to help students with significant learning and social challenges attend the university. Through a partnership with College Steps, Kean will provide comprehensive specialized support — including peer mentoring, group seminars and individualized learning plans — to students with learning disabilities, autism and The post Kean University partners with College Steps on new program for students with disabilities appeared first on Union News Daily.
- Joyce Rudd Carlsonby Obituaries Editor on Fri, Mar 20th, 2020 at 3:16 pm
Joyce Rudd Carlson, 88 years old, passed away unexpectedly on March 2, 2020, at Indian River Estates in Vero Beach, Florida. She was born in Richmond, Virginia, and lived in Bucharest, Romania; Summit, New Jersey; and Vero Beach. She was an alumna of Randolph- Macon Woman’s College (1954) and Columbia University (1972). She taught as The post Joyce Rudd Carlson appeared first on Union News Daily.