Union News Daily Union County’s Local Source
- Grant will help spread suicide prevention skillby editor on Tue, Mar 21st, 2023 at 1:15 pm
UNION COUNTY, NJ — Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey has given a $25,000 grant to the Mental Health Association in New Jersey to help spread teen suicide prevention skills. The donation, which Horizon contributed for the second year in a row, provides funds for a program, A Focus on Youth Suicide Prevention,
- Summit police are accepting applicationsby editor on Tue, Mar 21st, 2023 at 1:10 pm
SUMMIT, NJ — The Summit Police Department is accepting applications for the 2023 Youth Academy from now through Saturday, April 1. Two one-week sessions will be from Monday, July 17, to Friday, July 21, and Monday, July 24, to Friday, July 28, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily and are open to children ages
- One World One Love NJ receives $5,000 grant for refugee housingby editor on Mon, Mar 20th, 2023 at 1:15 pm
SUMMIT, NJ — One World One Love NJ has received a $5,000 grant from The Summit Foundation to assist with apartment set-ups for refugees resettling in Union County and the surrounding area. One World One Love NJ was founded in 2016 to welcome refugees and asylum seekers who are fleeing war, trauma or persecution abroad.
- Knights of Columbus to host blood driveby editor on Mon, Mar 20th, 2023 at 1:10 pm
ROSELLE PARK, NJ — The Knights of Columbus are hosting a blood drive on Tuesday, April 4, from 3 to 8 p.m., in the lower church hall of Church of the Assumption, 113 Coolidge Place, Roselle Park. Appointments are highly recommended to avoid waiting, but walk-ins are welcomed. For information, contact Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org. To
- Cranford police officer to be recognizedby David Jablonski on Sun, Mar 19th, 2023 at 1:15 pm
CRANFORD, NJ — St. Patrick’s Day is a time for revelry and good spirits. It’s also when men of Irish descent are honored for their contributions to the community. On Saturday, March 25, at 7 p.m., the Cranford Knights of Columbus will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day by honoring Msg. Timothy J. Shugrue as the
- Join the Union County Commissioners’ Literary Circle in celebrationby editor on Sun, Mar 19th, 2023 at 1:10 pm
UNION COUNTY, NJ — The Union County Board of County Commissioners has announced the launch of the new Commissioners’ Literary Circle Book Club, presented in celebration of Women’s History Month 2023 by the women of the Commissioner Board: Vice Chairwoman Kimberly Palmieri-Mouded and commissioners Bette Jane Kowalski, Rebecca Williams, Lourdes Leon and Angela R. Garretson.
- Media Day previewed for the North-South Football Classicby JR Parachini on Sat, Mar 18th, 2023 at 1:15 pm
UNION COUNTY, NJ — Media Day for the 42nd annual Phil Simms NJ North-South All-Star Football Classic will take place, for the first time, at the site of where the game is annually played now. Traditionally at Piscataway High School’s cafeteria, Media Day has been moved to Kean University in Union, where the game has
- 2023 high school softball begins in Union Countyby JR Parachini on Sat, Mar 18th, 2023 at 1:10 pm
UNION COUNTY, NJ — When Union and Cranford clashed at Kean University’s Cougar Field on May 11 of last year in the softball Union County Tournament semifinals, a berth in the championship game was on the line. Cranford High School junior right-hander Avery Toddings mowed down the fourth-seeded Farmers and kept them off the scoreboard.
- Westfield Community Players present ‘12 Angry Jurors’by editor on Sat, Mar 18th, 2023 at 1:05 pm
WESTFIELD, NJ — Westfield Community Players will present “12 Angry Jurors” — a play that contemplates the huge responsibility of 12 ordinary people as they consider the guilt or innocence of a young man accused of murder. The 12 jurors bring their own histories, prejudices and biases to the jury room as they work through
- Ray Liotta honored with star on Walk of Fameby editor on Fri, Mar 17th, 2023 at 1:15 pm
UNION, NJ — Union native Ray Liotta, who died last summer, has been back in the news recently, acting in the movie “Cocaine Bear” and having a star dedicated to him on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Liotta was 67 years old when he died in his sleep on May 26, 2022, in Santo Domingo,