A rare example of 17th-century architecture in New Jersey, this post-medieval English-style house was built circa 1690. A medicine room reflects the profession of Dr. William Robinson, one of the few physicians in East New Jersey at this time. He practiced Physick, a popular form of healing using plants and herbs, and also performed Chirurgery (surgery).
Unusual architectural features abound here, including wide floorboards and a 20-inch-wide summer beam. The hall, with its large fireplace, is complete with period furnishings. A box-like winder staircase leads to the second floor, where Dr. Robinson’s maps and
last will are displayed.
Listed on the National and State Registers of Historic Places
Operated by the Clark Historical Society
• Medicine room and related items
• Original wood-peg rafters and gunstock posts
• Indian mortar stone, corn crib and old stepping stone
• Milk wagon from 1912
• Antique hand tools and farm tools on display
• Garrison roof overhang
• Basement filled with artifacts
• Museum souvenir and gift shop
For Hours: www.DrRobinsonMuseum.org or call (732) 340-1571
Photo By KForce at en.wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=17957486