The Woodruff House was built in 1735 on land granted to John Woodruff in 1666. The first floor is furnished with circa-1800 antiques, including memorabilia from the Earl and Lyon families.
The house consists of the original 1735 section, an addition from 1790, and the 1900 Eaton Store. The restored Eaton Store illustrates a vast difference between a neighborhood store of the early 1900s and a supermarket of today. The shop today houses the original counter, a coffee grinder and gas lamp. The shelves are stocked with hundreds of products from long ago.
The property, originally an apple orchard, now has a reproduction post and beam barn with various items on display; old farm equipment, a two-seater privy, water pump, well, and archival center.
The Phil Rizzuto All Sports Museum houses a collection of memorabilia from Hillside resident and Baseball Hall of Famer, the late Phil Rizzuto, along with some memorabilia from other Hillside sports figures.
Listed on the National and State Registers of Historic Places
Operated by the Hillside Historical Society
• Phil Rizzuto Museum
For Hours: www.woodruffhouse.org or call (908) 353-8828