Celebrating more than 40 years as a historic public garden and education resource, Reeves-Reed Arboretum (RRA) engages, educates and enriches the public through horticulture and environmental education, and the care and utilization of the gardens and estate. The only arboretum in Union County, RRA is a member of the American Association of Museums and the American Public Gardens Association.
RRA is a living museum which features historic Wisner House and several outbuildings on 13.5 acres of pastoral lawns, woodland trails, a glacial bowl and historic gardens. The buildings include: galleries for cultural exhibits; classroom/workshop space for children’s and adult education programs in the historic carriage house; a visitors center with interactive touch-screen panels; and a library housing an extensive collection of historic documents, photos and books.
Listed on the National and State Registers of Historic Places
Voted “Best Garden in New Jersey” by NJ Family.
Operated by Reeves-Reed Arboretum
• Historic gardens and woodland hiking trails
• The garden library exhibits a collection of historic photos, videos and a collection of gardening books
• Art installations on the grounds and in the Wisner House Gallery
• Programs and tours for adults and children
• Beacon Fire Station monument along a historic wildflower path
For Hours: reeves-reedarboretum.org or call (908) 273-8787